1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and baking powder.
3. Make a well in the dry ingredients by creating a hole in the middle of the flour with a spoon.
4. Add the wet ingredients, vanilla, butter, mango juice and condensed milk into the well.
5. Beat the mixture together with a hand mixer for about a minute. Use a spatula to scrape the sides to make sure all of the flour is incorporated.
6. Fold in the peaches and blueberries.
7. Grease the pan before pouring in the batter. Bake the mini muffins for 12 minutes. The loaf cake takes about 40 minutes to bake. This recipe made two batches of mini muffins (24 muffins total) and one loaf cake.
8. Take the muffins or loaf out of the pan after letting it cool for five minutes.
Feel free to use your favourite fresh or dry fruits in this recipe. Strawberries would be nice to top this cake with but is not good to bake with. It loses it's bright red colour when you put it in the oven.
To make this muffin in to a decadent cupcake, I topped it with a cream cheese icing and a sugar flower.
Cream Cheese Icing Recipe
2 1/2 cups icing sugar
1/3 cup butter (room temperature)
250 ml cream cheese (1 small tub)
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp lime juice
1. Cream together butter and cream cheese with a hand mixer.
2. Add in vanilla and lime juice.
3. Slowly add in icing sugar until it forms a spreadable consistency.
This icing has a nice sweet and tangy flavour from the cream cheese and lime juice. It pairs well with the blueberries in the cake.
The flowers on top are made out of fondant. I used a flower cookie cutter and scored the petals with a special cake decorating tool. You can look here for more details. The flowers have an edible silver bead in the centre which can be bought at shops such as Bulk Barn.