This care bear inspired baby shower cake was for my cousin's wife Vani. The bears were made using a cookie cutter and the hearts were sugar confetti from Bulk Barn.
I used two tones of blue for the bears and flowers to stay with the baby boy theme. The red from the hearts really pops out because the other elements are not competing for your eye.
Our friend Anandhi hosted the shower. The menu was fantastic. If you are ever hosting a party these are some great ideas.
- Cold Spring Rolls
- Strawberry salad (served in mini Chinese takeout containers)
- Veggies and dip served in individual shot glasses- little dip in the bottom, and the veggies standing up in the glass
- Homemade hummus, and homemade salsa
- Cocktail idly and chutney
- Corn Chaat with Sev
- Fresh Watermelon Juice with Ginger, Lime, and Mint topped up with Club Soda
A little over a year later, I had the pleasure of making baby Jayen's first birthday cake!